I am so thrilled to be finally sharing this space with you ALL! It has been so fun to create along the way and I am so happy we had a few months to take our time with it and get it exactly the way we wanted it to be.
As you can imagine I have dreamt about designing and decorating this room in our home since the day we moved in and I still feel so lucky that we were able to. It still really is such a surreal feeling. As I mentioned in my previous post I wanted to have a room that felt soothing and relaxing upon entering. I tend to stay away from theming different rooms in our home because it easier to interchange them over time and mix in different elements you love without making it strictly one specific focus. I love that we waited to find out the gender because it has been so easy not to sway super girly or masculine and stay right in the middle.
When the baby comes I can then add in some items that really fit their personality as they get older. For the record I would like to add no one in my family including Andy can believe I waited to find out the gender. Everyone is shocked haha but my outlook was we waited so long to get here that I knew I could wait another 9 months. SO many people I think get stumped and discouraged when they don’t know the gender but I am living proof that it is entirely possible to do. You can still bring in subtle pops of color without it overpowering the room. You could even add peel and stick wallpaper that is neutral with a pretty gallery wall.
Whatever gender the baby is we will be able to successfully grow within this room by pulling in elements that speak to the personality of the little one. I will eventually switch out the light fixture as well in here but wanted to make sure I knew the gender before I switched it out to one that I really liked.
Nursery Room Design Board Inspiration:
Let’s have a look back at where we began:
For a while this room was a catch all space in our house and one in which I waited to furnish ever since we started our IVF journey. It is the perfect size for a nursery and I love the amount of light that comes in throughout the day.
To recap what we did in here:
- We put up floor to ceiling board and batten around the whole room and painted it Chantilly Lace by Benjamin Moore. Huge thank you to Andy and my Dad for taking the lead on this room and getting it so pretty before I started decorating it
- The whole room took about two weekends to complete from start to finish but if you dedicated about two full days you could get it done
- We found all of the supplies we needed from a Pinterest post I found that showed the board and batten style that I was looking for. Their are several styles of board and batten. I think it completely elevates the look and feel of an entire room:)
TADA here is the nursery:
I am in LOVE with how everything in the nursery turned out. The changing table shown below was Sofia’s when she was little and we repainted it and added new hardware and I couldn’t be happier with it. I loved the sentimental value that it brought and the character that it has!
- A majority of everything in the nursery is under the shop my home tab of my website
- The accessories you see throughout are all from either Target, HomeSense, or HomeGoods
- The larger furniture pieces are from Wayfair (Rocking recliner chair, bookshelf, and Babyletto crib are all from Wayfair
I had such a fun time decorating this special room in our house and with the baby being only three weeks away I feel so lucky to be able to come home to a space like this:) I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did creating it.